I know my Simple Lemon Cake was rather liked, therefore I decided to make a simple Vanilla cake with the same base.
Oven Temperature: 175°C Time Range: 1 hour
3 deciliters of sugar
150 grams of butter
2 deciliters of milk
2 teaspoons of baking soda
½ teaspoons of vanilla aroma (vanilla sugar also works, but then you must use 3 teaspoons of it.)
The original recipe says about 500 grams of icing sugar, I thought that was way too much and only used about a 100 grams.
1 teaspoon of cocoa
A dash of water
- Whisk the butter and the sugar.
- Pour in one egg at the time and whisk.
- Add all the other ingredients and whisk.
- Butter a pan and pour some breadcrumbs and sugar over it, the pan you use should be able to contain about a liter of dough. Then you put the pan into the oven for about an hour in 175°C.
- Wait until the cake is cold and then apply the icing.
How to make the icing:
Simply add and whisk all the ingredients, make sure you only use a dash of water, because the icing might not become solid if you too much water. Apply the icing to the cake and if you want sprinkles than you should add them directly afterwards, otherwise the icing will be too solid and the sprinkles won’t attach.