Cupcakes it not something that I usually make so I thought it would be fun to add some orange juice in them and have a lemon icing to make them less sweet. In this recipe you get about 12 cupcakes, depending on the size of your paper liners. So if you like them I’d recommend doubling the ingredients in the future.
Oven Temperature: 200°C Time Range: about 15 minutes
2 deciliter sugar
100 gram of butter
3 deciliter wheat flour
2 teaspoons of baking soda
½ deciliter of orange juice
½ deciliter of blood orange juice
I don’t ever use much icing so by making this recipe I got some icing left but I think it will be enough for all the icing lovers.
200 grams of Philadelphia cheese
2 – 3 deciliters of powder sugar / icing sugar
½ – 1 lemon
You simply mix everything together, but make sure to taste the icing so it does not get too sour from the lemon.
- Melt the butter and let it cool down.
- Whisk the eggs and the sugar properly
- Add the squeezed orange juices into the dough and mix.
- Add all the dry ingredients and whisk while you are simultaneously adding the butter. Whisk properly.
- Put the paper liners on a tray. Then pour the dough into paper liners, and fill the paper liners half way.
- Put the tray into the oven in 200°C and take them out after about 15 minutes.
- Apply the icing on cupcakes and you are done.