Oven temperature: 175°C – 200°C.
Some sort of electric whisker would be advised to use.
Time flies by and Christmas is coming up soon. So I decided to introduce the western worldly famous gingerbread cookies. Only in Sweden we sometimes also make them in a cake format. I decided to do just that and add some lime into it.
3 dl sugar
3 dl wheat flour
2 teaspoons of minced carnations
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of baking soda / baking powder
1 dl boiled water
1 ½ – 2 teaspoons of pressed lime juice
- Grease a baking pan with butter and pour some breadcrumbs over the butter. Make sure that the breadcrumbs are widely spread over the grease so that the dough doesn’t attach to the pan. The pan you use should be able to contain about 1½ liters.
- Whisk the eggs and the sugar for a few minutes. (the color of the mix should be white when you’re done)
- Pour in the other ingredients, the order doesn’t matter.
- Whisk the entire dough properly.
- Put it into the oven for 30 – 40 minutes.