I decided to have some fun with one of Sweden’s most classic soft cakes. I added some green food coloring and some pieces of orange flavored chocolate.
Oven temperature: 175°C
50-75 gram butter
2 dl sugar
3 dl wheat flour
2 teaspoons of baking soda / baking powder
2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
1 dl milk or 1 dl water (your choice)
3-6 drops of food coloring (or until you have found a nice color)
Chop some chocolate but do not go overboard with it. Make sure that you have half or less size of the pieces when looking at the ones I used. Otherwise they will sink to the bottom when they are in the oven.
- Grease a baking pan with butter and pour some breadcrumbs over the butter. Make sure that the breadcrumbs are widely spread over the grease so that the dough doesn’t attach to the pan. The pan you use should be able to contain about 1½ liters.
- (On to the dough now.) Melt the 50-75 gram butter and let it cool down a bit, inside room temperature.
- Whisk the eggs and butter for a few minutes. (the color of the mix should be white when you’re done)
- Afterwards add the all the other ingredients except the chocolate and the melted butter. Add them one by one and mix them. After you have added them all you pour the melted on the dough and mix one last time until there are no lumps and the dough looks smoothly.
- Pour the dough into the baking pan. Add the chopped chocolate and if you wish you can take a spoon and put some whisk it really lightly so that the chocolate blends in with the dough.
- Put the now filled baking pan inside the lower parts of the oven and let it be there for 40-50 minutes.